Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Visual Distractions

Last weekend was my 1st year wedding anniversary weekend.  My wife, knowing full well how much I love media and entertainment, treated me with an excellent gift: a shiny, new Blu-Ray player.  So, not only does the new player allow me to watch Blu-Rays, but it also plays DVDs, streams Netflix movies, and Pandora radio stations (my wife loves this one).  Since we have a Netflix account, we upgraded it to receive high definition Blu-ray discs and now we can use their nifty streaming service.  This is great, but there's a downside.  This means that my television attention time will be divided by even more options.  I already had to deal with live television, recorded shows, and DVDs.  Now, I have to contend with two more options that will dominate my television screen.  (sigh) It seems that I get further away from my goal with every new technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment