Saturday, August 29, 2009

Show Status: Nature's Most Amazing Events (Discovery Channel)

6 Episodes Recorded, 4 Pending, 0 to Record

It's interesting that this is the second Discovery Channel show in a row that I review, but that is the nature of the summer season.  When all serial shows take a break, I indulge in nature, history, and travel shows to pass the time.  Two years ago, I absolutely fell in love with Planet Earth and I was eagerly looking forward to some sort of a sequel.  Nature's Most Amazing Events fits the bill and it is a beautiful show with amazing footage.  The show takes some of the most spectacular events that were highlighted on Planet Earth and covers them in more detail.  Last night, I watched the show's second episode about Grizzly Wilderness.  It followed the great salmon run in the Pacific North West.  I loved the footage of the bears trying to grab a fish from the bottom of a river using their feet.  It almost looked like the bears were dancing in the water.  It was very funny.  Well, that was my late-night viewing last night and it is one less hour off my DVR.  The show is now on repeat viewings on the Discovery Channel and is highly recommended for nature show lovers out there. 

On a tangent: I love nature shows and the BBC Natural History shows (that usually show up here on the Discovery Channel) are some of the best.  Earlier this year, I really wanted to see Earth (the movie), but never got around to it.  I'm a bit tired of seeing films about Polar Bears dying in the Arctic at this point, but I'm game for anything else.  Global Warming is very sad, and I can only hope that we can revert it before it gets catastrophic for our planet.  

DVR Priority Status: Already recorded the 6 episodes, so it is no longer on my recording list.  I now have 4 episodes to watch.  

Available Space: 33hr 51min

No comments:

Post a Comment